From Monday 23rd March 2020 Stagecoach bus services will run on school holiday timetables. Please be sure to check the timetables before travelling. Keep updated here; Coronavirus (COVID-19) update http://stge.co/2cHo50yQ2rg.
If any Gittisham resident needs support during the COVID-19 outbreak, parish councillors are available. You will find their telephone numbers here https://gittisham.org.uk/parish-council/members/
Further health-related information on the virus is available on the NHS website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
The road past Shermans Farm will be closed for patching on the following dates:
Tuesday 10th – Friday 13th March
Monday 16th – Tuesday 17th March
The alternative, signed, route for vehicles will be via – GITTISHAM FARM CROSS, GITTISHAM VILLAGE, PARSONAGE LANE, BEECH WALK CROSS, GITTISHAM HILL, A375, PUTTS CORNER, WESTGATE HILL AND VICE VERSA
Hayne Lane will be closed for resurfacing work on the following dates:
Thursday 5th – Friday 6th March
Monday 9th – Friday 13th March
Diversion in place via Devonshire Road, A375 and Beech Walk.
The popular Gittisham memories weekend returns this year, with photos, newspaper cuttings, framed pictures, interviews and lots more memorabilia past and present gathered into one fascinating exhibition!
Free entry, refreshments all day.
For more information, contact Helen Hayman: email@example.com
Hayne Lane railway bridge
25/01/2020 21:00 – 26/01/2020 05:00
If you’d like Honiton Young Farmers to take your tree away in return for a donation to their charities, please leave it outside Part Drillers in the village Sunday a.m. (5th Jan 2020). You can pin your donation in an envelope onto your tree or leave it in the gate letterbox.
FROM: Returning Officer, East Devon District Council,
Council Offices, Blackdown House, Honiton, Devon EX14 1EJ
TO: Clerk of the Gittisham Parish Council
1. I note that two casual vacancies exist in the office of Parish Councillor on the Parish Council of the Parish Gittisham.
2. The period during which any ten electors can give notice requiring an election to fill the vacancy will expire on the 17th day of December 2019.
DATED this 9th day of December 2019
PARISH OF GITTISHAM
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT, 1972
THE LOCAL ELECTIONS (PARISHES AND COMMUNITIES)
(ENGLAND AND WALES) RULES 2006
1. I HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that two casual vacancies exist in the office of Parish Councillor on the Parish Council of Gittisham (Vale ward)
2. I FURTHER GIVE NOTICE that, subject to the provisions of the above Rules, any ten electors for the electoral area may give notice requesting that an election be held to fill such vacancies. Such notice must be in writing and must be given to:-
The Returning Officer
East Devon District Council
Heathpark Industrial Estate
within fourteen days (computed in accordance with Rule 2 of the said Rules) of the date of publication of this notice.
3. If no such notice as is referred to in Paragraph 2 above is given the Parish Council will fill the vacancies as soon as practicable thereafter.
DATED this 27th day of November 2019…
SIGNED .Fiona Clampin……………………………….
Clerk of the Parish Council